What is FitGirl Repack?
First thing’s first, let’s deal with the burning question on everyone’s mind: is FitGirl actually a girl? According to the FitGirl Repack site, yes, the infamous game repacker is, in fact, a girl. Regardless of this, though, the site has undoubtedly become a household name in the gaming community. FitGirl’s ability to shave off massive GBs from both download and installment sizes of games has earned her a reputation as one of the best sources of repacked video games. Since these repacked games are compressed, they have reduced file sizes. Thus, this makes them perfect for gamers who want to expand their video game collection without costing them a single cent.
In fact, you can easily find the FitGirl Repacks Sims 4 version that’s less than 28GB in file size. Compare this to the original 48GB file size on Steam, and the compressed version seems meager. As such, this reduced file size makes it easier to save not only on your device’s memory but also on digital bandwidth.
Repackers do this by removing a couple of the game’s features. This can include removing cutscenes from video games. If you’re a fan of video games with cinematic cutscenes like the one found in the Final Fantasy 7 Remake, this may be an issue. Additionally, repack games often have lower audio and video quality.
How to Install FitGirl Repack Games ?
- As mentioned above, you will need to disable your Windows Defender or any antivirus that may detect false negatives when installing repacked or cracked games.
- After locating your download, verify all binary (BIN) files before installation. By doing so, you are preventing a possible IsDone.dll Error. This is the most common error that gamers face when installing video games onto their PC. Even games bought from legitimate sources can experience this issue. If you ever encounter an IsDone.dll error, you might have downloaded a broken or corrupted file.
- All files must have an “OK” status before proceeding. If not, you will need to re-download the files again.
- Once all files are verified, you can go ahead and begin the installation process by running the setup.exe file.
- Repacks from the real site will have music playing during installation. You can easily mute the FitGirl Repack music button. This just indicates that the game you’re installing is really from the real website.
- On the main setup window, there’s an option for you to limit the installer to use a specific number of random-access memory (RAM). If your device runs on 8GB RAM or lower, it’s heavily recommended that you tick this box.
- Follow the instructions on screen as you would with any other program installation. FitGirl Repack games also come with optional DirectX updates. You can uncheck this option if your device’s DirectX graphics is up to date.
- The verification of BIN files will automatically begin post-installation. If all files have an “Ok” status, that means the game was properly installed.
- From here, you can now run and enjoy your free video games
Fixing Common FitGirl Repacks Installation Errors
As mentioned above, the IsDone.dll error is one of the most common installation issues out there. Unfortunately, it’s not the only one. Here are the other common issues that you might encounter when installing a pirated game download and how you can fix them.
How to Fix IsDone.dll Error ?
This error primarily occurs when the game you’re installing has either corrupted or missing files. The best solution is by re-downloading the files again. Another commonly reported reason is that your device itself may have insufficient RAM to install the program.
To check for any RAM issues, run a Windows Memory Diagnostic (WMD) to scan for issues. This will also automatically fix any issues found.
- Launch the Windows Run utility by pressing the Windows + R keys.
- Type in “mdsched” in the dialogue box and click “OK.”
- Select the Restart now and check for problems (recommended) option.
- This will restart your device, so make sure that you’ve saved documents and closed all programs.
- After the WMD finishes the scan, check if IsDone.dll error still persists. Hopefully, this would clear any issues with your RAM.
Setup.exe file is Missing or Unresponsive When Trying to Launch It
This is another issue that occurs when installing a pirated software. It’s most likely that your Windows Defender, or other similar protection software, is blocking it.
- Right click on the .exe file, and click on “Properties.”
- Under the General tab, find the “Security” section. Check the checkbox next to “Unblock.” This will mark the file as safe and will allow your system to run it.
- Click “Okay,” then “Apply” to save the changes.
- Try to launch your installation game file again.
Installation Bar Stuck
If the progress bar freezes during installation, you will need to reboot your device into Safe Mode.
- Cancel the software installation.
- Restart your computer.
- On the sign-in screen, click on the power button.
- Click on “Restart” while holding down the Shift key.
- This will restart your device again, but this time, a new option screen will appear. From here, select “Troubleshoot” > “Advanced options”> “Startup Settings” > “Restart.”
- Your device will restart again and you will see the Startup Settings. Press on the F4 or four key to boot in Safe Mode.
- Once your device restarts again in Safe Mode, you can go ahead and reinstall the game again.