Naughty Dog and Iron Galaxy have released the new and big Title Update 188.8.131.52 for the PC version of The Last of Us Part 1, bringing CPU and GPU optimizations for the game, as well as fixing some previous bugs and crashes.
According to the release notes, the latest update optimizes CPU and GPU use throughout the game, as well as improves both texture and graphical fidelity and resolution on Low and Medium settings. There are several big fixes, including crashes that may occur when quitting to the main menu or during shader building, as well as the crash that may occur on AMD CPUs with affinity limited to X3D cores. There is also a fix for an issue where textures are rendered on AMD GPUs.
The update also adds a Texture Streaming Rate setting, and updates the VRAM bar to more accurately display the OS+Apps usage. There are also some minor updates for Steam as well as the Steam Deck.
Here are the full release notes:
- Optimized CPU and GPU use throughout the game
- Improved texture fidelity and resolution on in-game Low and Medium settings
- Improved graphical fidelity on the in-game Low graphics preset, particularly water surfaces no longer appear black
- Fixed a crash that may occur during shader building
- Fixed a crash that may occur when quitting to the Main Menu
- Fixed a crash that may occur when dying after combat
- Fixed an issue where, on first boot, players may experience longer wait times to load into the game
- Added an option for players to lock and unlock performance stats simultaneously in the HUD menu (Options > HUD)
- Added descriptions in the Graphics menus to better explain when certain settings may affect another (Options > Display)
- Added a Texture Streaming Rate setting (Graphics > Texture Settings)
- Fixed an issue where skipping cutscenes during a critical load may cause the game to hang
- Fixed an issue where the shader load warning did not appear while relaunching the game
- Updated the VRAM bar to more accurately display the OS+Apps usage
- Fixed an issue where the Screen Reader read values for locked settings which may imply those same locked setting were active
- Fixed an issue where aiming downward while using keyboard and mouse (KBM) may increase camera sensitivity
- Refined the handling of certain commands that are assigned the same KBM keybinding
- Corrected Brazilian Portuguese, Croatian, Dutch, Finnish, French, Greek, Hungarian, LATAM Spanish, Spanish, Thai, and Traditional Chinese translations for multiple menu options
- [Ultrawide Displays] Corrected the Rangefinder reticle position for the bow
- Fixed a crash that may occur on AMD CPUs with affinity limited to X3D cores
- Fixed an issue where textures may render incorrectly on AMD GPUs
- Fixed an issue where the “It Can’t Be For Nothing” achievement did not trigger, despite acquiring all other achievements
- Fixed an issue on Steam Deck where resetting Display settings to Default no longer enabled AMD FSR 2 (Options > Display)
DL.1[4GB] – Click Here
DL.2[4GB] – Click Here
DL.1[2GB] – Click Here
DL.2[2GB] – Click Here
Telegram[4GB] – Click Here
Mirrorace[4GB] – Click Here
Required Version: v184.108.40.206 [Update 6] – Click Here
Work With Any Repack or Pre-Install [DODI Repacks,Fitgirl Repacks,THE LAST OF US PART I RUNE ,InsaneRamZes ANd Others Also]
How To Update ?
- The full game with my 6 b10982751 (or an equivalent release) is required for this patch.
- This update requires at least 2 GB of free RAM, and 66 GB of free disk space (on the partition you’re going to apply it on).
- This patch works perfectly fine on “incomplete” installations, so if you e.g. deleted all language files except for your native one(s), you can still safely use this update. You will most probably encounter error messages though, ensure that only language-related files are affected BEFORE continuing the update process at the prompt.
- Copy the contents of my “Update” folder to your root game directory and run “The_Last_of_Us_Part_I_Update_7_b11082762.bat” to patch your game.